ASFAcarduf – Who We Are
ASFAcarduf is a service user and carer forum. We are a group of likeminded people from Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
We, as service users, get together twice a month to discuss what’s happening within the drug and alcohol world. Our aim is to inform service providers and the Area Planning Board how services can be improved.
ASFAcarduf is not a therapeutic support group, but you will meet people with similar experiences to yourself.
How ASFAcarduf helps
- Contributing ideas and opinions to help inform local commissioners of substance misuse services.
- Highlighting to service providers where there may be room for improvement or a need for another service.
- Discussing what is good about a service and make sure to tell them when they’re doing a good job.
- Giving everyone the right to have their opinions heard about services that they use. If we don’t speak out, the services can’t change for the better.
- Providing feedback to representatives of the Area Planning Board to take back to the relevant sub-groups that can action or resolve the issues.
ASFAcarduf has guest speakers who talk about a variety of topics, and provide us with knowledge and a better understanding of substance misuse as a whole.
We also have opportunities to join training sessions, partake in the Area Planning Board sub-group meetings and other involvement activities. Cardiff and The Vale Area Planning Board are focusing a lot of time to service user involvement.
How do I access ASFAcarduf
ASFAcarduf meets on the 1st Thursday and the 3rd Friday of every month at 1:00pm at The Wallich Centre on Cathedral Road (opposite Coffee #1).
Anyone who has a link to service users can attend, whether you are a direct service user or the friends or family of a service user.
If you can’t make it to a meeting and have some information that you’d like to pass on to the group, please contact us on 02921 832 111, and we will pass information on to the group.
Alternatively, fill out a contact form which can be found here.
The history behind ASFAcarduf can be found here.
ASFAcarduf – Alcohol Services For All, Current, Abstinent, Recovered Drug User Forum.